Last weekend I turned 26. I’m not freaking out or feel bad about getting older, but it just doesn’t feel real. Like, where did the time go? I swear it was just yesterday that I was 20.
When I take a minute to breathe and think about my life, I can see that deep down so much has changed (in a good way)! Life doesn’t always take you where you think it will.
For this post, I wanted to point out 26 things I’ve learned. Although I have so much more to learn, these little steps helped me to live instead of just to survive.
- I’ve learned that each person that I’ve encountered with in my life has played some type of role in which I’ve grown as a person.
- I’ve learned that bad days do not last forever, neither do good days. Deal with the situations during the bad times and cherish all the good times.
- I’ve learned to not compare my life with others.
- I’ve learned to always listen to my intuition. That gut feeling that something is right or wrong, don’t ignore it.
- I’ve learned that there is more than one way to do something. If one way doesn’t seem to be working, think of five different ways.
- I’ve learned that I will meet people who will dislike me even though I know they have no reason to.
- I’ve learned to travel, as far as I can, as wide as I can. Some of my favourite memories have been made while traveling.
- I’ve learned to embrace my weirdness. The things I say and do makes me me.
- I’ve learned that it is okay to not like the taste of alcohol that much. I’d take ginger ale over alcohol any day.
- I’ve learned that it’s never too late to start. One step in the right direction is better than standing still.
- I’ve learned that’s it’s ok not to be ok. It’s ok to not have your life completely figured out yet by a certain age.
- I’ve learned that it’s quality over quantity when it comes to friendships.
- I’ve learned to know when to speak and when to listen.
- I’ve learned to be true to myself. To not let others disapproval effect me.
- I’ve learned to be grateful to others and to appreciate them.
- I’ve learned that healing and recovery takes time and patience.
- I’ve learned that by giving a helping hand it always makes me feel good.
- I’ve learned that you never age out of needing to say please and thank you.
- I’ve learned to give people a second chance ‘’sometimes’’..
- I’ve learned that it’s ok to ask for help.
- I’ve learned that I don’t have to know everything, but I know more than I think.
- I’ve learned that kids are the greatest teachers. They teach me something new every single day.
- I’ve learned to take the time to look at the sunset & the moon. There’s something so magical about it.
- I’ve learned to love myself to the fullest. Self love is the best love.
- I’ve learned to not let the future scare me, but to let it excite me.
- I’ve learned that life is a journey full of changes and growth. Embrace it and never stop learning.